Painting Division Manager - Hiring in Green Bay
Responsible for the division’s financial and operational performance in the areas of scheduling, project management, estimating, quality, and business development. Performs operational functions to ensure painting division operations flow smoothly. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude all painting job projects effectively, efficiently and profitably. The Division Manager is also responsible for leading and managing all Painters and Finishers. Additional responsibilities will include generating new sales and expanding existing customer base. This includes some prospecting, scheduling client meetings, building project estimates, requesting pricing from suppliers, selecting products/methods for projects, closing deals, negotiating contracts, building and maintaining long-term client and employee relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all areas of division operations including work schedules, jobs, employees, customers. Involved in planning of job projects for painting crew and delegation of appropriate work tasks and duties according to skill levels and experience.
- Works closely with painting team members to plan and accomplish a job from start to finish; with emphasis on the use of drawings, specifications, schedules, and other essential instructions. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Provide leadership for the division through effective communication, coaching, and training.
- Effectively communicate company goals and strategic plans to division staff.
- Work to continually improve efficient use of manpower and other resources.
- Communicate with current and prospective customers, take/screen calls and make initial determination to assess needs for painting jobs.
- Work closely with BDAs, Estimating team, PMs, Field Operations and Service Division Manager to ensure appropriate information is converted from job estimate to proposal, and to ensure the timely completion and submission of all job proposals. Also ensure timely follow up with the customer to obtain signed contract.
- Organizes, coordinates, leads and trains painting crew employees to complete projects within established guidelines and timeframe. Ensures painting job is completed according to project specifications and that quality meets and/or exceeds customer expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Continued)
- Responsible for working with the Accounting staff to ensure on time billings, coding AP invoices, painting team’s labor, and collections. Responsible for verifying that all costs were applied to the correct job.
- Manage and coordinate the scheduling and work flow on job projects and keep all projects on schedule with input from Painters. Scheduling will include labor, materials, subcontractors needed, and notifying customer.
- Processes change orders and ensure they are included in billings.
- Perform a post project completion courtesy call to ensure customer is satisfied with work and no loose ends exist.
- Track job results and sales progress against projected budget.
- Facilitate the process of setting annual strategic goals for the division with input from CFO.
- Work collaboratively with CFO on future business planning and short/long-term division goals as they relate to overall goals of DeLeers Construction.
- Coordinate the division’s marketing activity and facilitate client development marketing and client service programs. Assist in developing marketing materials, such as brochures, press releases etc.
- Monitor and track all expenditures, ensuring the division stays within approved budget.
- Work with CFO and Accounting Department on the preparation of the annual division budget, including compiling data, making revenue projections and recommending service levels and enhancements.
- Support the division's business development efforts including researching and gathering information on prospective new business opportunities.
- Formulate, recommend, and implement policies, procedures, and programs which guide the division in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of policy and procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of division processes. Assist with development of new processes and systems to track and monitor sales, projects, etc. (customer tracking & scheduling systems, sales tracking, business plans, etc.)
- Work closely with managers/team leaders in other departments, such as business development, estimating, operations and project management, on updating policies and procedures for overall client services, and developing better systems to enhance service.
- Direct and coordinate various programs related to Lean Construction and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Work closely with Human Resources to hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively.
- Take corrective action with staff, as necessary, on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
MANAGE THE FINISHING PROCESS:
- Prepare priority lists of product to be finished based on information received from Production Group Leaders and production meetings.
- Assign workloads to finishing team members, organizing deadlines and product according to priority lists.
- Monitor production status of projects to determine when product will reach Finishing Department and if priority dates can be met according to schedule.
- Monitor supplies and order all materials/inventory needed to complete the finishing process.
- Read all project blueprints to ensure that all items to be finished are part of the product received from other departments.
- Address problems that occur during the finishing process and make determinations on product to be re-worked.
- Monitor all projects through the finishing process to ensure that DeLeers/Joseph A. Interiors quality standards are being met and staff members are performing the process accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain communications with other production departments, including shipping, to keep other areas updated on the status of all projects.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RELATED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with existing customers.
- Represents DeLeers Construction and Painting Division in a professional manner while facilitating, negotiating, coordinating, and closing leads.
- Handles all customer and prospect requests in a timely and professional manner and uses all internal resources to resolve any challenges ensuring a “very satisfied” customer.
- Moves the sales process forward by indicating a clear commitment objective and substantial notes outlining the outcome of the meeting and conveying the next activity that must be scheduled.
- Identifies projects with high profit margin and market impact potential. Determines priority and effort given to each account based on sales potential and sales maintenance
- Researches and selects product and method for projects, utilizing all resources available.
- Creates and presents high-quality, professional proposals and presentations to our customers, potential prospects, outside parties, and management when necessary and in a timely fashion.
- Present, mail or email all proposals within 5 business days of initial appointment.
- Follow up on outstanding proposals within 3-5 business days, answers any questions regarding the proposal and offers alternatives in order to secure the project.
- Notifies Accounting Department when a project is signed.
- Monitors and reports all prospect and sales activities/results (weekly, monthly, annually) in order to track against established goals and objectives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster teamwork and open communication at all levels of the organization. Uses supportive, positive stamens and stays open to constructive suggestions. Always represents the company in a professional and positive manner.
- Keep current in industry trends, standards, products, and technology by reading published information and attending authorized training and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of service to current and potential clients.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Works closely with all other department employees and members of management. This position interacts regularly with internal and external customers. Frequent access to confidential customer information and records. Works as an integral part of DeLeers & Joseph A. Interiors team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in business or related field, and/or at least five years’ experience in a painting or construction-related environment.
- Must have considerable knowledge of the standard materials, methods, practices, hand and power tools, equipment and techniques associated with the painting trade. Proven ability to understand construction-related processes and procedures (i.e. reading/interpreting blueprints, materials, etc.)
- Considerable knowledge of safety standards/precautions pertaining to painting and ability to read and follow MSDS recommendations and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships in a sales role in a construction- related industry. Personal presence and confidence to establish immediate trust with new clients and build long-term client relationships. Proven selling ability with emphasis on building and maintaining business relationships and applying negotiation skills.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to immediately educate the client on what you and the c company bring to the project, and close the sale.
- Possess strong knowledge of product and methods used in the industry.
- Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Knowledge of and skills in computer usage and industry-associated (drafting/design, project management, scheduling) software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
Contact for more info and to apply.