Project ManagerResponsible for planning, directing, and coordinating a wide variety of construction projects, including the building and remodeling of all types of residential and commercial structures. The Project Manager will provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, insuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding in a quality manner, on schedule and within budget.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources; shares project schedule with project team; monitors and updates schedule on a regular basis.
- Follows proper procedures for hand-off, job progress and close-out meetings to transfer information for projects to all affected parties.
- Confers with Lead Tech and field staff to outline project plans and special details; designates responsibilities with all involved personnel; establishes scope of authority with all members of project team.
- Updates labor needs with Services Manager prior to weekly scheduling meeting; accurately projects labor and equipment needs to assist in planning.
- Works effectively with Project Team; maintains strong relationship with owner throughout the project, operating with the concept that the customer is always right.
- Visits jobsites regularly and meets with project superintendent to ensure that work is progressing according to schedule and in an economical and quality manner.
- Ensures compliance with DeLeers Construction company policies and safety procedures on all projects.
- Procures all permits and interfaces with governing authorities for inspections and approvals.
- Reviews all subcontractor quotes to confirm compliance with project requirements; maintains good subcontractor relationships.
- Administers and oversees the procurement of all materials required for projects; shops and buys smart to boost profit margins and beat estimate when possible.
- Processes monthly progress billings accurately and on time; requires changes to the scope be formally authorized prior to proceeding in field; administers change orders in a timely manner.
- Monitors project costs on a regular basis and works to minimize the effects of overruns on overall project performance.
- Closes out projects and ensures that punch lists are completed in a timely manner, warranty information has been forwarded to owner and occupancy has been acquired from governing authorities.
- Oversees final payment collection and subcontractor evaluations.
- Takes direct responsibility for dealing in a timely manner with questions and/or conflicts that arise with the architect, owner or subcontractors and resolves by using good judgment.
- Understands systems, software, information and equipment needed to fulfill responsibilities.
- Oversees onsite safety, reviews safety inspections with superintendent, works on resolving safety concerns, and issues written documentation of safety violations to subcontractors as required. Makes safety a subject for each job progress meeting and records in minutes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recognizes and promptly advises upper management of technical/budget problems on projects.
- Provides regular feedback to estimating department in regards to production rates, subcontractor performance, new products on the market, etc.
- Recognizes and pursues additional opportunities that may present themselves through relationships with owner/vendors.
- Keeps current in industry trends, standards, products, and technology by reading published information and attending authorized training and/or participating in company training programs as required, in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of service to current and potential clients.
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are followed as they are outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by management.
WORK RELATIONSHIPS AND SCOPE:
Reports directly to, and is held accountable by the Project Management Team Leader. Works closely with all other office staff, outside construction crew and painters. This position interacts regularly with internal and external customers and has frequent access to confidential customer information and records. Works as an integral part of DeLeers team to increase efficiency and profit through accountability (internal and external); taking ownership; good communication; quality; flexibility; customer focus (internal and external); and building positive relationships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, business or related field, and/or preferably at least five years experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity. Extensive knowledge of construction industry required.
- Must be familiar with local building codes, industry standards and inspection requirements to ensure appropriate compliance with rules/regulations at all times.
- Experience with PC usage and associated software (including Microsoft Office and Timberline). Must possess the ability to effectively learn new computer programs/software.
- Budget estimating and project scheduling skills required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively; work effectively and efficiently under pressure and time deadlines; analyze problems (not just symptoms); propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry-out decisions made, and follow up with feedback where appropriate.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with all parties involved in construction projects.
Contact for more info and to apply.